I, like many people, have particularly fond memories of regular holidays to North Cornwall. I've now travelled the world as a teacher but I've kept coming back, bringing first my wife (all the way from Australia) and then our three (now grown-up) children. I'm always happy to walk and share my knowledge of this wonderful part of England with anyone or to take you down to the beach to help you discover beach art!
- I've been taking friends and family on walks in North Cornwall for much of my life. Often the same one but making up new stories!
- I discovered Beach Art a couple of years ago by mistake and now can help others discover it, and bits of Sacred Geometrey, too.
- I have an old degree in Psychology from Durham Uni but my mug says "My Job is so Top Secret that even I don't know what I'm doing"
- If you are up for a paddle, and the sea is calm, I'll show you the North Cornwall coast from a sit-on-top sea kayak.
- My last full time teaching job was in Cambodia but I've taught in England, Australia, USA, Morocco, Thailand, Kenya and Bangladesh too.
- Over the past few years I have been travelling Cornwall as a supply teacher...including schools at Bude, St Austell, Truro and Newquay.
- I moved to Cardiff at the end of 2019 but get to Cornwall when I can.
- I'm an original photographer for Geograph and have many photos of North Cornwall archived for preservation by the British Library.
- On walks I carry a Nikon camera and sometimes a Kelly Kettle.
- Over the years I have set-up walking challenges including the Three Peaks walking Challenge in the Yorkshire Dales.
- I'm doing a creative writing course at Cardiff Uni
Bill and Sam Bartlett
Some references (but others more up to date at the bottom of this page on the Airbnb profile link!)
Bill was incredibly welcoming, giving great advice on walks and places of interest nearby. We were lucky enough to go and see some rare bats with him which was a very memorable experience! Beautiful place to visit with lots of lovely coastline.
One of the best conversationalists I've ever had the pleasure to meet who also had a practical concern for his walkers. I will return.
Bill was wonderfully kind to us before our last leg of our cycle trip that we couldn't stay away! Extremely relaxed, kind and open with a fantastic sense of fun! We had a great laugh and hope to meet again some time. Thank you for all the contacts, cups of tea, surfing attire, lifts, local advice and stories!
Generous, interesting, kind, considerate, accommodating...I could go on. I hope to stay again and do more walking around the marvellously scenic area in which he lives.